Monday, August 13, 2007

What a storm!

Two muggy, sticky days. The kind when you step outside and the air comes down on you like a ton of lead. Even if you don't have air conditioning. Then last night all hell broke loose.

Not that I've never been in heavy storms before, but I've never seen anything like this one in this part of Spain. Mostly the wind. A struggle to get the windows shut. I don't know how long it lasted, maybe half an hour or so. About 2 a.m. I went up on the terrace, wrapped in a blanket, and enjoyed the peacefulness.

Last night was supposed to be the height of the annual Perseid meteor shower, but I wasn't into meteor hunting (in other years I've never seen many), and it was still pretty cloudy. So I just listened to the surf, watched airplane lights moving along and thought about all those meteors zipping across the atmosphere up there, oblivious of what's going on down here.

I wonder how many ETs were observing me.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home