Friday, September 1, 2006

On birthing a blog

For many years August has been a quiet time for me. Not much work, everybody away on vacation.... A time to drift. You never know where you'll end up.

This year August was special. Many years ago I realized my life moves in 7-year cycles, coinciding more or less with my chronological age. Which I'm told happens to most people. Then I discovered I also have a 9-year cycle, and was told that one started in August. This year the two cycles coincided -- the 9-year cycle starting again at year one and the other in the year when important things happen.

So what happened this year in August? This blog (among other things). I'd been thinking about it for a long time but kept putting it off thinking I'd start off all enthusiastic and then run out of steam.

But it happened. One day, hardly thinking about it, I found myself here doing it. So it's off and running and we'll see where it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home